Students graduate from CGP and pursue careers in a variety of areas in the museum field. The depth of a CGP education is reflected in the positions held by alumni and the varied organizations they work for. Alumni around the world work as curators, directors, educators, marketers, development officers, registrars, human resource specialists, designers, and museum consultants in both the nonprofit and for profit sectors.
Graduates hold positions in large cultural institutions, small museums and historic houses and sites throughout the country. Other alumni contribute to the field through their work in corporate organizations and exhibit fabrication companies. For a sample of where our alumni are working scroll down to the list below.
Our graduates also serve as board members of community groups, museums and professional service organizations. More than 750 alumni make a difference in communities across the country.
Click here to learn why CGP is important to our alumni.
- Dr. Gretchen Sorin ('75) and Ryan Leichenauer ('13) were recently featured on NPR.
- Ryan Donaldson ('07) was interviewed in the New York Times.
- Jane Spillman ('65) recently retired from the Corning Museum of Glass.
- Tramia Jackson ('12) was appointed to the Virginia Association of Museums Governing Council.
- Eric Strohl ('99) and Brian Richards ('08) were recently featured in the New York Times.
- Brooke Steinhauser ('11) is now a site manager for four houses in Southern Maine for Historic New England.
- Amy Drake ('11) recently had an article published in the Oregon Historical Quartely, "History: Made by You: A New Approach from the Southern Oregon Historical Society".
- Lori White ('08) is the project coordinator for the 100th anniversary of Grand Central Station Terminal.
- Tobi Voigt ('06) was named the Chief Curatorial Officer at the Detroit Historical Society.
what jobs do our alumni hold?
- Executive Director - Alabama School of Fine Arts Foundation
- Executive Director - Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- Manager of Teacher Programs and School Partnerships- Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- Director - Winterthur Program, University of Delaware
- Director - Pocantico Programs at the Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Content and Media Specialist- The Corning Museum of Glass
- Curator of Interpretation and Collections - Wisconsin Historical Society
- Senior Manager for Exhibitions - National Museum of Qatar
- Chief of Staff - NYC Department of Parks and Recreation
- Exhibition Project Manager - The Field Museum
- Manager of the Curatorial Department- Arab American National Museum
- Director - Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- Vice President for Museum Affairs -Historic Deerfield
- Curator of Paintings in the American Wing - Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Director - Texas Historical Commission
- Manager of Museum Programs- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
- Executive Director - Newport Restoration Foundation
- Assistant Director of Development - The Taft School
- Head of the Film Department - National Gallery of Art
- Assistant Director for Strategic Initiatives - National Museum of American History
- Director of Education - Detroit Historical Society
- Diversity Outreach Specialist - Minnesota Historical Society
- Curator of Exhibitions, Collections, and Oral Histories- Centre d'histoire de Montreal
- Visitor Experience Department Manager - Ohio Historical Society
- Executive Director - Museums of Old York
- Director- Florence Griswold Museum
- Registration Assistant- Israel Museum
- Assistant Director for Diversity and Outreach- Historical Society of Michigan
- Programs Manager- Visual Arts Center of New Jersey
- Curator- California African American Museum
- Director- QM2
- Development Associate- Historic House Trust of New York City