Interview Weekend 2015
Coming to iWeekend 2015? Click this link for the website containing all the information you will need to get to CGP! CGP iWeekend 2015
The Cooperstown Graduate Program (CGP) is the premier program for the training of museum professionals in the United States. One of only two programs in the country located on a museum campus rather than a university campus, students have the opportunity to interact regularly with museum professional staff, with objects, and with exhibitions.
The Cooperstown Graduate Program trains creative, entrepreneurial museum leaders committed to generating programs and services for the public good.
highlights of the program
- We have strong partners in the New York State Historical Association, The Farmers' Museum, and Fenimore Art Museum.
- Our alumni are prominent and successful in the field, and regularly give back to the program.
- The classes are small, dynamic, and interactive.
- Our new building is the country’s only facility designed specifically for museum studies.
- We teach a core generalist curriculum, though with room for personal interests.
- Assignments and internships are not academic exercises, but real and varied work in the field.
- Classes are complemented by field trips to regional institutions.
- Museums are community-based organizations, and CGP mirrors this with a strong focus on community.
- As a small program, students develop strong relationships with faculty, fellow students, and local museum staff.
Why choose CGP?
CGP 50th Anniversary Campaign
For the lastest CGA Forum, the CGP newsletter, click here