Visiting Professor, Museum Administration
M.A. University of Illinois-Springfield
B.A. University of Illinois-Springfield
Certificate, Museum Management, University of Colorado
describe your teaching at CGP
I teach Museum Administration, Strategic Planning and Development, Project Management, Cultural Entrepreneurship, Governance, Finance and Fundraising.
- 2007-2012 President & CEO National World War I Museum (Missouri)
- 2003-2007 Executive Director World Figure Skating Museum (Colorado Springs)
- 2000-2003 President & CEO Historic Annapolis Foundation (Annapolis)
- 1987-2000 Executive Vice President, Shelburne Museum (Vermont)
- 1982-1987 Director, Museum Division State Historical Society of North Dakota
- 1977-1982 Senior Curator, Historic Preservation/Museums, Fairfax County (Virginia)
- Historic Site Superintendent, State of Illinois
- 1974-1975 Director, Martin Mitchell Museum (Illinois)
- 1974 Graduate Assistant, Clayville Rural Life Center, University of Illinois-Springfield
- 1973 Curatorial Assistant, Lincoln Collection, Illinois State Historical Library
- Trustee, National Council, American Association for State & Local History
- Visiting Committee Member, Museum Accreditation Program, American Alliance of Museums
- Reviewer, Museum Assessment Program, American Alliance of Museums
- Faculty, Seminar for Historical Administration, Colonial Williamsburg
- Panelist, National Endowment for the Humanities Museum Program
- Panelist, Massachusetts Cultural Council
- Grants Reviewer, Institute of Museum & Library Services
- Guest Lecturer, Syracuse University Museum Studies graduate program
- Speaker, numerous professional organizations including American Institute of Conservation, New England Museum Association, American Association for State & Local History, American Federation of Arts, Mid Atlantic Association of Museums
- Panelist, Future of Historic Sites Forum, National Trust
- Collections and Controversy, History News, Spring 1998.
- Asset Management: Survival of the Financially Fittest, American Federation of Arts, Proceedings of Fourth Annual Directors Forum
- Shelburne Museum Visitor Center development and construction, 1988.
- Shelburne Museum Orientation facility retrofitting, 1990.
- Freeman Foundation Historic Barns Restoration, 1998.
- Re-interpretation of North Dakota historic Governor’s residence 1985.
- Ticonderoga (Lake Champlain steamer) restoration, 2000.
- Liberty Memorial Capital Improvement Project, 2013.
- Planning and development of Shelburne Museum Collections Care Endowment, 1996.
- Folk Art from the Shelburne Museum seven city exhibition tour in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art, 1987.
- Bright Dreams & Hard Times exhibition, North Dakota Heritage Center, 1983.
- Numerous exhibition collaborations with the Louvre, Musee d’Orsay and Grand Palais in France and Ordrupgaard Museum in Copenhagen.
- Strategic Planning and Development
- Museum Administration
- Cultural Entrepreneurism
- Strategic Planning & Development
- Project Management