The New Science of CGP
Announcing the new Science Museum Studies Master's Program at CGP! The new Science Museum Studies program provides an environment where participants get hands-on experience in communicating science to the public in a diversity of science venues and organizations.
Project oriented and collaborative in nature, the program facilitates a deep understanding of the process of science and develops the skill sets required for working in today’s science venues. For more information, course descriptions, and examples of projects and content, please visit Our CGP Science Website or contact Carlyn Buckler, PhD. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
The Cooperstown Graduate Program (CGP) is the premier program for the training of museum professionals in the United States. One of only two programs in the country located on a museum campus rather than a university campus, students have the opportunity to interact regularly with museum professional staff, with objects, and with exhibitions.
The Cooperstown Graduate Program trains creative, entrepreneurial museum leaders committed to generating programs and services for the public good.
Highlights of the program
- Our alumni are prominent and successful in the field, and regularly give back to the program.
- The classes are small, dynamic, and interactive.
- Our new building is the country’s only facility designed specifically for museum studies.
- We teach a core generalist curriculum, though with room for personal interests.
- Assignments and internships are not academic exercises, but real and varied work in the field.
- Classes are complemented by field trips to regional institutions.
- Museums are community-based organizations, and CGP mirrors this with a strong focus on community.
- We have strong partners in the New York State Historical Association, The Farmers' Museum, and Fenimore Art Museum.
- As a small program, students develop strong relationships with faculty, fellow students, and local museum staff.
Why choose CGP?
CGP 50th Anniversary Campaign
For the lastest CGA Forum, the CGP newsletter, click here