Post-matriculation Transfer Credit Policies
Students must obtain Prior Approval from the Academic Advisement Center before taking courses through another institution. If students are taking courses through another institution during a fall or spring semester and are not registered in any courses at Oneonta, they must request an Academic Leave along with their Prior Approval.
- Students may take approved course work at any regionally accredited college provided the transfer of the course work is required and does not place the student in violation of SUNY Oneonta residency requirements:
- 45 s.h. must be earned in residence.
- 30 s.h. of the last 60 s.h. must be earned in residence.
- At least one-half the credits required for a major must be earned in residence.
- At least one-half the credits required for a minor must be earned in residence.
Note: Credit earned through a SUNY study abroad program not requiring an academic leave is considered credit earned in residence.
- Students must obtain a grade of "C" (2.00) or higher for the transfer credit to be awarded.
- General Education categories fulfilled at one SUNY institution will be considered fulfilled at SUNY Oneonta regardless of whether transfer credit is granted.