SUNY Oneonta

Post-matriculation Transfer Credit Policies

Students must obtain Prior Approval from the Academic Advisement Center before taking courses through another institution. If students are taking courses through another institution during a fall or spring semester and are not registered in any courses at Oneonta, they must request an Academic Leave along with their Prior Approval.

  • Students may take approved course work at any regionally accredited college provided the transfer of the course work is required and does not place the student in violation of SUNY Oneonta residency requirements:
    • 45 s.h. must be earned in residence.
    • 30 s.h. of the last 60 s.h. must be earned in residence.
    • At least one-half the credits required for a major must be earned in residence.
    • At least one-half the credits required for a minor must be earned in residence.

Note: Credit earned through a SUNY study abroad program not requiring an academic leave is considered credit earned in residence.

  • Students must obtain a grade of "C" (2.00) or higher for the transfer credit to be awarded.
  • General Education categories fulfilled at one SUNY institution will be considered fulfilled at SUNY Oneonta regardless of whether transfer credit is granted.

Undergraduate Catalog

SUNY Oneonta

Correspondence Directory

The College Calendar

The College and the Community

Admission to the College

Undergraduate Expenses

Financial Aid

Student Life

Academic Programs and Degrees

Academic Policies and Standards

Academic Advisement Center

Continuing Academic Planning

Declaration of Curriculum Majors

Curriculum Minors

Undergraduate Degree Requirements

General Education 3

General College Degree Requirements Chart

Degree Credit

Grading System

Grade Change Policy

Interim Progress Reports

Academic Progress

Superior Performance



Schedule Changes

Grade Reports

Applying for a Degree

Leave of Absence

Withdrawal from the College


Course Auditing

Seniors Taking Graduate Level Courses for Graduate Credit

Student Records

Special Academic Programs

Off-Campus Internship Programs

Study Abroad Programs

SUNY Oneonta Programs

International Student Services

International Health Insurance and Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Insurance

Independent Study

Teaching Assistantships

SUNY Cross-Registration Policy - Oneonta Campus

Hartwick Exchange Program

Office of Special Programs (EOP/ACE)

College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)

Governmental and Public Affairs Internship Programs

Credit for Prior Learning Assessment Program

Center for Academic Development and Enrichment (CADE)

Continuing Education

Academic Departments, Programs, and Courses

Key to Course Descriptions

Course Numbering System

Courses Not Regularly Offered

Course Index

Africana and Latino Studies




Center for Academic Development and Enrichment Program

Chemistry and Biochemistry

Communication & Media

Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

School of Economics and Business


Secondary Education and Educational Technology

Educational Psychology, Counseling and Special Education


Foreign Languages & Literatures

Geography and Environmental Sustainability

Health and Fitness


Human Ecology

Interdisciplinary Studies Program

Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics



Physics and Astronomy

Political Science

Professional Studies Program




Women’s and Gender Studies

Chancellor's Awards and Board Members

State University of New York

General Statement – State University of New York

Mission and Vision

Education Law

Policy on Student Records

Directory of Faculty and Professional Staff

College at Oneonta Campus Map