Employees may rent a vehicle for College-related travel through the following New York State contract vendors:
Enterprise Rent-a-Car, 86 W. Broadway, Oneonta
Hertz Corporation, 195 Oneida Street, Oneonta
For reservations with Hertz, the Corporate Discount Program (CDP) number listed below must be submitted for state contract pricing.
- These rental agreements are only available for state employees, or state aiuthorized drivers on state business, such as students going to a conference. Only state employees/ studentsmay be in the rental car for business rentals.
If a non-employee will be in the car, the rental becomes a personal rental, and must not be put on the state travelcard or direct billed to the college. Pay with personal funds and request re-imbursement.
- Damage waiver insurance is already included in the rental price for all domestic rentals and should not be accepted as part of the reservation
(This insurance is not included in the rental cost when renting on non-state
- Standard or mid-sized cars should always be requested unless the number of passengers or nature of the trip dictates otherwise and pre-approval is granted by the Account Manager.
- “Extras” such as GPS devices and satellite radio will not be funded from College accounts and will not be reimbursed
- Note the amount of gas in the car when leaving the rental location and return the car with the same amount of gas (or as close as possible). Be sure to obtain receipts for reimbursement for gas purchases. If returning from a trip between the hours of 6am-3:30pm (M-F) the campus gas pump can be accessed to refill the vehicle. A PIN is required to do this. Call Facilities Maintenance at x2507 at least a week BEFORE your trip to obtain the PIN. The PIN works in conjunction with a pump key available at the MOC garage office.
- One-way rentals at participating locations (including most airports) are available at no additional cost if the trip is less than 500 miles; concession/surcharge fees may apply at some airports
- Hertz offers a campus drop-off service for Hertz Gold Club members (click here to enroll) or for those direct billing the college. This service is for college-related travel only. This service is NOT intended for personal travel. Your keys will be available for pick up at Morris and will be dropped off there after the trip. Your vehicle will be parked in the Hertz spots located in the "Banana Lot" across from Higgins Hall. Your personal vehicle may be parked here while you travel. For more details click here
- Before you travel, you must confirm your membership in person at the Hertz office before drop-off services can be used and Hertz must have a current copy of your driver's license.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RENTAL AGREEMENT LOG GIVEN TO YOU WITH THE KEYS AND CALL HERTZ IMMEDIATELY UPON RETURN TO LET THEM KNOW THE RENTAL HAS BEEN RETURNED TO CAMPUS. Failure to notify hertz of the rental return will result in additional rental fees!
- PlatePass (EZ Pass) through Hertz has become cost prohibitive, please DO NOT activate it
. If you have a personal EZ Pass you can use it in the rental car, as long as it is the same car-class. Just log into your account on-line and submit the statement for reimbursement.
Contact Information for Reservations
Contract: P86564 Online : click here
By Telephone: 607-433-1000
Hertz (click link for Procedures)
CDP Code: 58686
By Telephone: 607-376-6959 (do not use to make reservations, please email)
By Email: HertzOneonta@aaanortheast.com(preferred)
It is possible to direct-bill the college for rentals. When the reservation is made, a confirmation number will be assigned. A Purchase Requisition, including the confirmation number, must immediately be submitted to the Purchasing Office, Netzer 218. Reservations confirmed through the Purchasing Office will be paid directly by the college, and charged to the proper department account. Here is a sample requisition indicating the necessary information required by the travel office.
Reservations that are not confirmed with a Purchase Requisition from the Purchasing Office will not be charged to the College's direct bill account. The employee will be expected to pay at the completion of the rental process and the employee will be reimbursed per the College travel reimbursement procedures.
Rental Car vs. Personal mileage calculators:
(Not necessary if you are renting, only if you are using your own car)
If you are travelling to the airport and back, use a 2 day rental, and add parking to the personal car amount when comparing.
Enterprise / National Calculator
Please direct questions or concerns about car rentals to the Office of Finance and Administration, 607-436-2081.