From President Kleniewski
To All Faculty and Staff
During the 2009-10 academic year, the campus undertook a strategic planning process. In parallel with that effort, I appointed a Task Force on Organizational Structure to gather suggestions from the campus about ways to create efficiencies or provide better performance through changes in the college’s organizational structure. The Task Force did a great deal of work, holding meetings and focus groups and conducting a survey to gather information and opinions. I am grateful for their hard work and for the thoughtful recommendations that the Task Force produced.
I would like to acknowledge the Task Force members:
- Jerome Blechman, Professor, Earth Sciences
- Deborah Farro-Lynd, Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics
- Todd Foreman, Associate Vice President for Administration and Technology
- Cynthia Lassonde, Co-chair, Associate Professor, Elementary Education and Reading
- Patrice Macaluso, Associate Professor, Theatre
- Barry Warren, Co-chair, Associate Vice President for Development
- Nancy Wolters, Associate Provost for Academic Support.
In the spirit of transparency, the report—minus the appendices, which are not posted due to the length of the document and because some informants requested anonymity—is available at www.oneonta.edu/mvsp/documents/OSTF_Report.pdf.
The Cabinet discussed the report in depth over the past summer and has taken action on the first two recommendations: the creation of a Director of Graduate Studies position and an Office of Institutional Research. Several other suggestions are still either in process or under consideration.
I extend my thanks to the Task Force and to all members of the campus community who provided information and suggestions during this process. It was a complex and sensitive task, but one that helps position the college for even greater success.