From President Kleniewski
To All Faculty and Staff
I am pleased to announce that the membership of the Strategic Planning Council (SPC), charged with monitoring the execution of the college’s strategic plan, has been established for this academic year. I extend my thanks to everyone involved in administering the process that determined the SPC’s elected members, and to all of those who have agreed to serve on this committee.
The goal of the SPC is to conduct an ongoing evaluation of our strategic plan, regularly collecting feedback and seeking guidance from campus constituencies, including the College Senate, the Council of Department Chairs, and the Student Association, among other groups, as we move forward. Its purview includes, but is not limited to, the priorities established within the strategic plan, its implementation process, the assessment of outcomes, and recommendations regarding changes to the plan. The SPC will meet twice each semester with Cabinet and hold as many other meetings as it deems necessary to accomplish its work.
This academic year, the members—both appointed and elected—of the SPC are:
- Cindy Lassonde, Chair
- Dan Payne, Vice Chair
- Larry Guzy, Past Chair
- Patricia Francis, Associate Provost
- Ken Kellerhouse, Alumni/Community
- Hal Legg, Communications Director
- Renee Walker, College Senate Chair
- Damayanthie Eluwawalage, Human Ecology (2010-11)
- Rhea Nowak, Art (2010-12)
- Christine Edwards, Residence Life & Housing (2010-12)
- Savannah Bao, Educational Opportunity Program (2010-11)
- Dale Couse, Maintenance-Custodial (2010-12)
- Karen Welsh, Clerical (2010-11)
- Amanda Barone, Student (2010-12)
- Brittany Borko, Student (2010-11)
I anticipate that the first meeting between the SPC and Cabinet will take place in January, and hope that you will provide input into the implementation of our strategic plan through the members of the SPC. I look forward to working with you as we continue to shape the future of our college.