From President Kleniewski
To All Faculty and Staff
Sustainability rose in prominence on our campus in 2010, becoming a pillar of the college's strategic plan. Last fall, Provost Larkin asked the Sustainability Task Force to research and suggest ways we might place greater academic emphasis on sustainability. In pursuit of this charge, the Task Force invited new members from several offices and departments and formed an Educational Sub-Group to propose specific actions related to the integration of sustainability into our curriculum.
Please join me in thanking the members of the Sub-Group, who took on this strategically significant project:
- James Mills, Chair, Associate Professor of Geography
- Tracy Allen, Associate Professor of Geography and Environmental Sciences
- Jacqueline Bennett, Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Phil Bidwell, Director of Administrative Information Technology Services
- Nancy Cannon, Research Librarian
- Joshua Frye, Assistant Professor of Communication & Media
- Greg Fulkerson, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Tom Horvath, Associate Professor of Environmental Sciences
- Narges Kasiri, Assistant Professor of Management
- Gina Keel, Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Achim Koeddermann, Associate Professor of Philosophy
- Genevieve Marchand, Assistant Professor of Physical Education
- Daniel Payne, Associate Professor of English
- Donna Vogler, Associate Professor of Biology
The Educational Sub-Group worked diligently to produce "Greening the Educational Experience," which expresses its vision and includes several recommendations. I've attached this report, and Cabinet will review it this summer with an eye to continuing the discussion about next steps once the fall semester is underway.
Again, I extend my appreciation to the Sustainability Task Force and its Educational Sub-Group. Each member has helped the college progress toward its strategic goals and contributed directly to our continued success.
View the Education Sub-Group report.