Sustainability means operating in such a way as to meet our needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. OAS consistently works towards sustainability. Some of our initiatives include:
Suggestions for students:
- Take the bus, rather than drive.
- Turn off your lights when leaving your room for more than 15 minutes. Note that the new compact fluorescent lightbulbs will not last as long as they should if lights are turned off and on frequently.
- Use recycled, tree-free or otherwise green products whenever possible.
- Use a refillable water bottle or mug for beverages.
- Turn off all your electronics when not using them- (e.g.) computers, monitors, etc. Better yet, buy a power strip and turn them off at the source so they don't draw phantom energy.