5 Easy Ways to Make Smart Financial Choices at SUNY Oneonta
- Use your declining dollars whenever possible! (It’s tax-free)
- To make sure you stick to saving, have a portion of your paycheck automatically deposited into a bank account.
- If ordering food to be delivered (Sparingly, of course) try to get as many people at once to order together since there are delivery charges on the bill. The more people that order, the less each of you are paying towards the delivery charge.
- It’s okay to say “no” when your friends want to eat out or if they ask you to go shopping if you are trying to save money.
- Shop at the Red Closet Thrift Shop located in the Basement Floor of Netzer. Their hours of operation are Wednesdays-Fridays from 11am-2pm. You can also call them at (607) 436-2081 to set up an alternate time. Prices are by donation!
For more information about the financial literacy project at SUNY Oneonta contact:
Financial Literacy Analyst
129 Netzer Administration Building
(Near Financial Aid)