Submit a Support Request
For immediate assistance call
(607) 436-4567 or email us.
GET CONNECTED TO OUR NETWORK
All devices (computers, tablets, game systems, smartphones, smart TVs, etc.) must be registered to access the internet.
Before you Register:
- Oneonta Computer Account and Password:
- You will need your Oneonta username and password to register. Please visit webservices if you need to reset your password or for any other account maintenance issues.
- Antivirus: You must have an active/updated antivirus program installed to use the SUNY Oneonta network. Viruses can cause major damage to your investment and to the campus network. Keep your AV software up to date, enable on-access scanning and run full system scans periodically.
You may use an Anti-Virus of your choice, or download one of the free solutions that work with our network registration system.
Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials is available for free.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users can activate Microsoft Windows Defender, which is included. For instructions on how to activate Windows Defender in Windows 8 or 10, please contact the IT Service Desk or click here.
Mac OS users can download and install Avast Mac Security for free from Avast.
Click here for instructions on how to register your Windows 10 computer (laptops, desktops and Windows 10 tablets)
Click here for instructions on how to register your Apple laptop or desktop computer
READY TO REGISTER YOUR COMPUTER? CLICK HERE TO GO TO OUR DEVICE REGISTRATION PAGE
To see what devices are already registered and to delete the ones you no longer need, click here.
Game Consoles, Roku, Kindle, Chromecast, and Smart TV Registration
THESE DEVICES CANNOT BE REGISTERED FROM HOME!
- Make sure you’ve connected your game console to the Oneonta network (wired or wirelessly) and have tried to launch a game or web browser before registering!
- Once you’ve connected the console to the network (wired or wirelessly) click HERE from a computer that is already registered, choose the link named “Game Devices” and follow the directions.
MOBILE DEVICES (Other than Microsoft Tablet Computers, like the Surface)
MOBILE DEVICES CANNOT BE REGISTERED FROM HOME!
Click here for instructions on how to register your Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, and Android Devices)
- Connect your smartphone, tablet, or other web enabled mobile device to the campus wireless network ( RedDragonSecure or Red Dragon Wifi).
- Open the device’s web browser. If you don’t see the registration page, try navigating to suny.oneonta.edu – at that point, you should be redirected to the registration page at this point.
- Once you see the registration page, click on “Users Who Have an Oneonta Account” and follow the steps to register your mobile device.
- You may need to completely power off the device and restart before you can connect to the campus network.
If you have any trouble registering, you can stop by the Service Desk in the basement of Milne Library. You may also: