Submit a Support Request
For immediate assistance call
(607) 436-4567 or email us
To submit a Telecommunications Support Request call
(607) 436-2577 or email us
GET CONNECTED ON our NETWORK
YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR COMPUTER OR GAME SYSTEM
TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE NETWORK
Before you Register:
- Spyware can lead to pop-ups, unwanted emails, inability to browse the internet, and is a security risk to your personal information. Spyware removal programs like Ad-aware and Spybot Search and Destroy can be downloaded free for personal use at http://www.download.com. You should update and run these programs at least once a week.
- Connect your unregistered computer to the network and launch your browser or if registering from home click here.
- Carefully read the "instructions" link to make sure you run the process correctly.
- Click on “Users Who Have an Oneonta Account” and enter your Oneonta username and password. Once you’ve entered the information, click “register”
- A scan will begin to check your computer to make sure it meets the minimum requirements needed to connect to the campus network. When this process runs, your computer will be scanned for updated Antivirus software and critical Windows Updates.
- When the scan is finished you will either get a message saying you are successfully registered or that you may have failed parts of the scan (areas failed will be specified) just make the necessary updates and then run the scan again.
- After successfully registering, please shut your machine down and then turn it back on.
GAME CONSOLES CANNOT BE REGISTERED FROM HOME!
- Make sure you’ve connected your game console to the Oneonta network (wired or wirelessly) and have tried to launch a game or web browser before registering!
- Once you’ve connected the console to the network (wired or wirelessly) click HERE from a computer that is already registered, choose the link named “Game Devices” and follow the directions.
MOBILE DEVICES CANNOT BE REGISTERED FROM HOME!
If your smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device has a web browser, you should be able to register the device by opening the browser and following the instructions on the registration page.
- Connect your smartphone, tablet, or other web enabled mobile device to the campus wireless network (Red Dragon Wifi or RedDragonSecure).
- Open the device’s web browser. If you don’t see the registration page, try navigating to www.google.com or www.cnn.com – you should be redirected to the registration page at this point.
- Once you see the registration page, click on “Users Who Have an Oneonta Account” and follow the steps to register your mobile device.
- You may need to completely power off the device and restart before you can connect to the campus network.
If you have any trouble with the registration process or when you get to campus you can always call the Help Desk at 607-436-4567, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.