Submit a Support Request
For immediate assistance call
(607) 436-4567 or email us.
Connecting to the webserver
SFTP using Fetch (Mac)
- Go to File > New Connection
- Click on Show Advanced Options arrow if Initial Folder isn’t visible.
- Enter the Hostname and Initial Folder:
Student W Drive: Hostname: students.oneonta.edu; Initial Folder: <username>
Employee W Drive: Hostname: employees.oneonta.edu; Initial Folder: <username>
oneonta.edu: Hostname: www.oneonta.edu; Initial Folder: <directoryname*>/<foldername>
- Enter Username & Password (Your Oneonta username/password) 2
- .Connect using SFTP, Check Enable encryption, Click Connect
*If the above Fetch configurations don’t work, try clearing the SSH keys before any further troubleshooting:
- In Fetch, choose Fetch Help from the Help menu.
- In the help window, search for "known hosts".
- Double-click on the "RSA host key differs warning" help topic (it should be the one at the top of the list).
- A help topic opens in the help window.
- Scroll down to the "Delete the known_hosts file for me" link.
- Click the link, and follow the instructions.
Once that's done, try connecting to your server using SFTP again. If you're warned that "the authenticity of the host can't be established"(you may or may not be), that is normal and you should continue.