Non-Standard FCPP Computer
Application Process for a Non-Standard FCPP Computer
The proposal for a non-standard computer shall include the following information:
2. Academic Rank and Department
3. Campus Address
4. Campus Telephone
5. Email address
6. Provide details of the desired computer and what your needs are that will not be met by the STANDARD COMPUTER. If you need advice about computer specifications consult with Rita Hitchcock at x3080 or Rita.Szczesh@oneonta.edu.
7. Computer you are replacing: Indicate the type, model, and approximate age.
8. Detailed proposal: Describe how the computer will be used to enhance your teaching and professional work at the College. (Please limit the narrative to one page, in addition to the information requested above.) As noted above, the quality and substance of the proposal shall be the key to deciding to whom the computers are awarded.
9. Justification of non-standard system or upgraded components. We can increase our buying power and upgrade computers for more faculty, if most requests are for one of the standard systems. Realizing that one-size may not quite fit all, we will evaluate requests for computers with additional components. On a separate page, please provide a detailed list of components that are essential to your use of the computer, but are not included in the standard system, as well as a justification for the items. As best you can, provide an itemized list of the additional costs that would be incurred by these components.
10. Signature of the department chairperson (for informational purposes only). The chairperson may wish to add comments regarding the importance of the requested machine to the department’s programs. If several faculty in a department are submitting a request, a letter from the chairperson covering all of the requests may be submitted.
11. E-mail the above information to Steve.Maniscalco@oneonta.edu
Note: Faculty will surrender their old machine after data has been transferred to the new machine.
For More Information
For more information about the Faculty Computer Purchase Program contact the Chair of the ETC, Anita Levine - Anita.Levine@oneonta.edu.