Submit a Support Request
For immediate assistance call
(607) 436-4567 or email us.
2014 ITS Action Plan
Create and support a robust IT environment for the College
- Provide a current and reliable IT infrastructure of the needs of the College
- Build a projected A/V technology plan with a 2-year time-frame
- Deploy virtualization technology for the faculty and staff
- Enhance the capabilities of the current virtualized desktop environment.
- Develop a 2-3 year plan for the wired and wireless networks on campus
- Upgrade the network outside plant
- Upgrade the network fiber infrastructure
- VoIP Migration
- Continue expansion of cloud-based services for College use
- Maximize use and efficiency of internal college IT systems
- Ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of College-hosted data and systems
- Investigate alternative vulnerability management solutions
- Improve data management processes and procedures
- Investigate firewall and intrusion prevention system replacement
- Review Identity management and service provisioning procedures
- Implement environmental control systems and energy management in our data centers and telecom closets
Provide exceptional support for technology users at the College
- Continually improve resolution times for technology issues
- Transition to an ITSM approach for service delivery
- Deploy modern tools for desktop management
- Develop better quality of service measurement tools for the network
- Help departments create a powerful electronic presence that enhances learning and promotes the college
- Seek opportunities for non-academic external funding opportunities within IT
- Provide a comprehensive technology training program.
- Coordinate all training requests into a single point of contact
- Deploy functional area training from Ellucian's on-demand subscription library
- Review needs assessment and formulate new offerings
- Continually improve communication with our faculty, staff and students regarding our services and achievements
- Develop an ITS annual publication for the college highlighting improved services
- Expand SA reps meetings to all areas of IT
- Promote discovery and development by faculty, staff and students
- Increase the number and distribution of internship opportunities within ITS
- Develop a standard software / service evaluation process which can be used by other departments to conduct software selection processes.
- Help leverage information technology to improve college operations.
- Increase support for reporting and data analytics on campus
- Procure a new contract for campus commodity internet to save money and preserve redundancy
- Begin transition to Banner XE
- Continue Banner "Back to Baseline" initiatives
- Transition to BlackBoard LMS
- Embrace and evaluate emerging technology within IT
- Develop mobile interfaces to college information
- Evaluate cloud "shared" storage solutions for campus
- Upgrade data visualization and analysis environment for campus.
- Upgrade automated Test Scoring Service
- Evaluate wireless display technologies for classroom spaces
Provide for a positive, collaborative and progressive IT work environment.
- Promote continuous IT staff development
- Integrate Info-Tech resources into normal operations
- ITSM training program
- Expand frequency and attendance for Friday Tech Talk series
- Actively collaborate with other IT organizations within SUNY
- Increase the number of staff serving on SUNY-wide committees
- Maintain our level of participation in SUNY IT conferences
- Increase the number of visits and face-to-face collaboration with other SUNY IT staff members
- Enhance our external reputation for IT innovation
- Increase our presentation rate at SUNY and national conferences
- Increase use of HPC (VIDIA) within SUNY
- Improve IT staff work-life balance and workplace satisfaction
- Double the number of staff retreats while remaining focused on this topic
Create and enhance IT partnerships that are beneficial to the college.
- Continually improve collaborative IT steering structures to aid in the decision-making process.
- Publish the project board
- Rewrite the IT strategic plan based on college community input.
- Leverage relationships with vendors
- Improve MWBE purchase frequency
- Re-evaluate cost effectiveness of all software contracts with the goal of reducing IT costs
- Increase number of collaborations with external vendors
- Support IT staff community service opportunities
- Improve activity level of the ITS community service committee