Submit a Support Request
For immediate assistance call
(607) 436-4567 or email us.
2013 ITS Action Plan
Create and support a robust IT environment for the College
- Provide a current and reliable IT infrastructure of the needs of the College
- Upgrade and extend our wireless network, including outdoor presence
- Move towards a 3 year desktop replacement cycle
- Build a projected A/V technology plan with a 2-year timeframe
- Deploy virtualization technology for the faculty, staff and students in the college
- Develop a 2-3 year plan for the wired and wireless networks on campus
- Continue to develop a College private cloud infrastructure
- Improve network connectivity for the college satellite facilities
- Ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of College-hosted data and systems
- Continue to improve the coordination of activities between IT and the IT Security office
- Improve data management processes and procedures
- Leverage the dual data centers to provide for application and data migration
- Create an Identity management program
- Implement environmental control systems and energy management in our data centers and telecom closets
Provide exceptional support for technology users at the College
- Continually improve resolution times for technology issues
- Deploy an integrated system for project management, change management and task management for IT
- Deploy modern tools for desktop management
- Develop better quality of service measurement tools for the network
- Help departments create a powerful electronic presence that enhances learning and promotes the college
- Research and pilot collaborative space software
- Continue to participate in external funding opportunities with faculty.
- Evaluate and deploy communications methods to faculty, staff and students
- Raise awareness of and integrate college templates into academic department websites
- Provide a comprehensive technology training program.
- Coordinate a series of technology workshops with the faculty development group
- Continually improve communication with our faculty, staff and students regarding our services and achievements
- Develop an ITS annual publication for the college highlighting improved services
- Develop small flyers and deploy for selected IT initiatives to improve participation and awareness of new initiatives
- Promote discovery and development by faculty, staff and students
- Reformulate the faculty fellowship to improve IT / faculty collaboration
- Develop conduits to match students with IT offices who can provide internship opportunities
- Assist faculty with grant proposal development.
- Help leverage information technology to improve college operations.
- Increase support for reporting and data analytics on campus
- Begin transition to Banner XE
- Transition to BlackBoard LMS
- Embrace and evaluate emerging technology within IT
- Develop mobile interfaces to college information
- Pilot the use of tablets for field techs
Provide for a positive, collaborative and progressive IT work environment.
- Promote continuous IT staff development
- Integrate Info-Tech resources into normal operations
- Expand frequency an d attendance for Friday Tech Talk series
- Actively collaborate with other IT organizations within SUNY
- Increase the number of staff serving on SUNY-wide committees
- Maintain our level of participation in SUNY IT conferences
- Increase the number of visits and face-to-face collaboration with other SUNY IT staff members
- Enhance our external reputation for IT innovation
- Maintain our presentation rate at SUNY and national conferences
- Improve IT staff work-life balance and workplace satisfaction
- Invite staff to at least one off-campus social event.
- Conduct anonymous survey of staff input for improving work-life balance
- Double the number of staff retreats while remaining focused on this topic
Create and enhance IT partnerships that are beneficial to the college.
- Continually improve collaborative IT steering structures to aid in the decision-making process.
- Publish the project board
- Re-convene the IT transformation committee to review progress
- Develop governance structures for IT
- Leverage relationships with vendors
- Improve MWBE purchase frequency
- Re-evaluate cost effectiveness of all software contracts with the goal of reducing IT costs
- Support IT staff community service opportunities
- Form a collaborative relationship with CSRC.
- Provide listing of opportunities to the staff on a weekly basis