Use Filezilla to Connect to the Web Server from Home
Filezilla is a small program that is free. It allows your computer to connect to the web server from home and to transfer your files back and forth. Filezilla is safe to download and install from the internet.
To download Filezilla, go to: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net. Depending on whether you have a PC or a Mac, the correct version will automatically.
You can download a PDF copy of this documentation here.
- Open FileZilla
PC: Main Menu > File > Site Manager
Mac: Menu Bar > File > Site Manager
The PC instructions below are identical to the Mac instructions
- Click the New Site Button
- Under the General Tab, complete as shown below. Under User and Password, enter your Oneonta user name and your Oneonta password
- Under the advanced tab, complete as shown. In the Default Remote Directory Field, enter /your Oneonta user name.
- Leave everything else alone.
- Click Connect
- Accept the Unknown Host Key warning.
- To avoid this warning in the future, check the “Always trust the host, add this key to the cache” check box
- You are now connected to the Web Server
- You may now drag files between your computer and the web server.