Copyright © 2014 by SUNY Oneonta
- 108 Ravine Parkway
- Oneonta, NY 13820
To submit a Telecommunications Support Request call
This article will guide you through the steps to configure Outlook 2007 so that you can connect to your Oneonta e-mail through IMAP
2. Allow the Configuring Outlook dialog box to run until the Outlook 2007 Startup wizard opens.
3. Click Next.
4. Select Yes, and click Next.
5. If you are not using the Outlook 2007 Startup Wizard, this is your starting point. Within Outlook go to the Tools menu and select Account Settings...
6. On the E-mail tab, click the New button.
7. At the bottom of the dialog box, select the "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" checkbox and click Next.
8. Select Internet E-mail as the e-mail service type and click Next.
9. As shown below, enter in your information:
10. From the Add New E-mail Account dialog box, click on More Settings...
11. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
12. Click the checkbox for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Leave the default setting to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. For the two drop-down boxes under the Server Port Numbers field, use SSL for Incoming server (IMAP) and TLS for Outgoing server (SMTP) encrypted connection types. Change the outgoing SMTP server to port 587.
15. Click OK, then click Next.
16. Click Finish to close the wizard.
17. Click Close.
18. Now that you are connecting to your Oneonta e-mail via IMAP, your mailbox will look similar to this:
19. To connect to the Oneonta Exchange server and download your mail now, click on the top button toolbar. Whenever you open Outlook it will automatically try to connect and download your e-mail from the Oneonta Exchange server