Red Day - Friday, September 5
On Sept. 4, 1889, Principal James M. Milne stood behind a podium in an assembly hall overflowing with supporters to formally dedicate the Oneonta Normal School. One-hundred-twenty-five years later, SUNY Oneonta is overflowing with pride in the growth of the campus, its reputation as one of the finest public colleges in the Northeast, and the Possibilities Full of Promise in the years ahead. To celebrate, this year’s annual Red Day will be bigger than ever!
- A celebration on the quad from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring an Athletics pep rally, Student Association activities and giveaways, and a birthday cake cutting with President Nancy Kleniewski at noon.
- An alumni luncheon featuring a talk on the college’s history by Dr. David Brenner
- 35th annual Mayor’s Cup Tournament at Red Dragon Field— men’s soccer vs. RIT at 3 p.m.
- A reception beginning at 6 p.m. in the Hunt Union Waterfront in recognition of the college’s 125th anniversary, with a ceremony to bestow the honor or Alumni of Distinction upon some of our most accomplished graduates. Cocktails and small plates will be served. Tickets are $50 per person.
- Fireworks at 9 p.m., followed by an outdoor screening of the Disney movie “Maleficent.”
More information is available at oneontaalumni.com/redday.