Career Development Center
The Career Development staff is professionally trained to assist students and alumni in career decision-making, career planning, job search, and graduate school search. The Center’s philosophy is to encourage and enhance student development through career counseling, workshops, and support services. Services are available to current students and alumni. Specific services include:
- Career Counseling: Appointments are scheduled daily to help students work through concerns or problems associated with any aspect of career development.
- Credential Files: Available students and alumni to support their efforts to obtain employment or admission to graduate/professional school. Credential files are maintained electronically via DragonLink.
- Career Library: Resources in a number of areas for exploring careers, job searching, and exploring educational alternatives.
- Job Listings: All students have access to DragonLink, the Center's on-line information system. Part-time, full-time, and internship opportunities are updated daily for current students and alumni to view.
- Mock Interviews: Students who would like to practice their interviewing skills may schedule an interview with a career professional. This gives students the opportunity to practice answering typical interview questions while being video taped which will then be reviewed to discuss areas needing improvement. Students can also use Interview-Stream for on-line practice interviews.
- Resume and Cover Letter Critiques: Students and alumni who need to improve the appearance and content of their resume and/or cover letter when applying for jobs, internships and scholarships. The resumes and cover letters may be dropped off and picked up typically within 4 business days.