ONEONTA, N.Y. -- The September 9 meeting of the State University of New York College at Oneonta College Council has been postponed. Due to difficult travel conditions caused by recent severe weather, the meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 15 at 4:30 p.m. in Room 104 of the Morris Conference Center on campus. The meeting agenda includes the following items:
- Approval of College Council meeting minutes of April 14, 2011
- Chair’s report
- Presentation of proposed revisions to the Code of Student Conduct
- President’s report
- Annual report of the College Council
- ACT report
- Presentation regarding the naming of the tissue culture lab in the Science I building
- Presentation regarding townhouses
- Good of the order
Each state-operated campus in the SUNY system has its own college council. The members of each council are appointed by the governor to seven-year terms with the exception of the student representative, who is elected by the student body.
College councils have specific statutory powers, such as naming buildings and making regulations regarding student conduct. Council meetings are public, and each council meets at least four times a year.