CAMPUS CONSTRUCTION REPORT
Visitors can always obtain detailed information or get questions answered by calling the Office of Facilities and Safety at 607-436-3224 M-F, 7 AM to 4 PM, University Police at 607-436-3550 outside those hours, or emailing Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Project List for 2018 is coming into focus. Here is what we have so far:
- Bugbee HVAC - the replacement and upgrading of building heating and distribution systems. Summer 2018 will see the completion of the 3rd floor, relocation of the 2nd floor Children's Center operations to 3rd and the commencement of demolition and refurbishment on 2nd.
- General Paving and Sidewalk Repair - the advent of springtime will reveal the locations most in need of work. We will develop a plan and schedule that we will post before the end of the semester.
- Masonry Repair - Hunt Union, Alumni Hall and a few other minor locations are in need of repair to the brick skin.
- Roof Repair - Morris Hall, Bugbee and the Field House are all slated for fixes to roofing.
- Goodrich Theater - a project to upgrade lighting in the auditorium space.
- Milne Library - the two-year project to rehab and upgrade floors 1, 2 & 3 is nearing completion of the 2nd floor work and will immediately start in on 3rd - to be completed entirely by the end of summer.
- Residence Hall WiFi - a continuing project to upgrade wireless networking in our residence halls.
- Quad Entries - some of our quad-type residence halls need repair work at their main entries due to fifty years of slush/salt intrusion into the concrete decking.
- IRC 120 - a project to expand and update a large computer lab / instructional space.
- Resurfacing tennis courts - self-explanatory.
- Hunt Union HVAC - the completion of a one-year project.
- Morris Hall HVAC - a summer project in the core building.