CAMPUS CONSTRUCTION REPORT
Visitors can always obtain detailed information or get questions answered by calling the Office of Facilities and Safety at 607-436-3224 M-F, 7 AM to 4 PM, University Police at 607-436-3550 outside those hours, or emailing Facilities at email@example.com.
Summer 2018 Project List
- Bugbee HVAC - the replacement and upgrading of building heating and distribution systems. The 2nd floor Children's Center operations has moved to the completed 3rd floor and the demolition and refurbishment on 2nd floor is well underway.
- General Paving and Sidewalk Repair - we are currently reconstructing the sidewalk on Ravine Parkway, which will require intermittent detours.
- Masonry Repair - Hunt Union, Alumni Hall and a few other minor locations are in need of repair to the brick skin.
- Roof Repair - Morris Hall, Bugbee and the Field House are all slated for fixes to roofing. Well, Morris is slated. The other ones are metal or rubber.
- Goodrich Theater - a project to upgrade lighting in the auditorium space is in progress.
- Milne Library - the two-year project to rehab and upgrade floors 1, 2 & 3 is nearing completion. The 2nd floor work is done and 3rd floor is under way - to be completed entirely by the end of summer.
- Residence Hall WiFi - a continuing project to upgrade wireless networking in our residence halls.
- IRC 120 - an in-house project to expand and update a large computer lab / instructional space is about halfway complete.
- Resurfacing tennis courts - self-explanatory.
- Hunt Union HVAC - the completion of a one-year project.
- Morris Hall HVAC - a summer project in the core building.
- Classroom and Building Security Enhancements
- Signage update at parking lots.
There is, as always, a large collection of preventive maintenance, painting, cleaning, landscaping, electrical and HVAC repairs, vehicle work, carpentry and lockshop updates. We don't get bored.