OHEO logo Office of health ed

Reporting Options for Victims or Witnesses:

1. A formal report may be filed with the University Police Department which may result in criminal charges. A report of this type will initiate an investigation and can result in a UPD officer pressing charges.

2. A confidential report may be filed in several offices on campus including the Health & Counseling centers. A report of this type will not result in a police investigation. Reports can be filed with any of the following offices:

    Vice President for Student Development – 607-436-2513

    Associate Vice President for Student Life – 607-436-2513

    Director Student Conduct – 607-436-3353

    Director Student Health Center – 607-436-3573

    Director Residential Community Life – 607-436-2514

    Director Athletics – 607-436-3594

    Director Counseling Center – 607-436-3368

    Director Student Activities – 607-436-2410

    Director Multicultural Student Affairs – 607-436-3353

3. Any student who is a victim or witness of a crime may file a confidential and anonymous crime report online via the Silent Witness Program. All information received this way will be reviewed and investigated.


4. A report may be filed in the Affirmative Action Office, which will provide an overview of options and resources to the victim and will investigate and respond to allegations of sexual harassment, including sexual violence.  If a complaint is filed in the AA Office, it will be processed according to the Sexual Harassment Grievance Procedure.


For more information visit the SUNY Oneonta University Police Department website.


The Code of Student Conduct contains a section on Sexual Misconduct on page 12. Click here.



know violence (formerly PAIRS)

Office of Health Education | Counseling, Health, & Wellness Center, Room 110 | (607) 436-3540