Academic Team Members
Academic Team Members (ATM) are additional members of the Residential Community Life staff who work for and with students wishing to maximize their academic experience. ATMs are experienced students who know the challenges of choosing a major, making a schedule and balancing academic, social and personal priorities. Academic Team Members live in the residence halls and assist students with Arrow Sheets, choosing majors and minors, and scheduling classes and more.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with assigned residence hall staff, and the Academic Team Member staff.
- Design and decorate one bulletin board each month.
- Design and implement one academic program per month.
- Log all interactions with students utilizing ATM services.
- Hold 10 office hours per week.
- Attend 3 professional development seminars each semester.
- Maintain a working knowledge of general degree requirements.
- Act as a liaison between faculty, staff and students.
- Meet with each new student in your building within the first two-weeks of classes.
- Recognize students living in your assigned building.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a campus wide program (one per semester).
- Assist with training new ATMs.
- Assist with designing ATM publicity.
- Assist during orientation and open house.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.