LEAD @ Oneonta is a comprehensive leadership program based on current research
and the Council for Advancement of Standards (CAS). It is designed to provide individual students an opportunity to explore leadership in a manner that gives them great breadth while allowing them to focus on areas important to them personally.
The Programs Main Goals are to:
- Recognize student leaders
- Better prepare students for life after college
- Provide students with a leadership record that can be submitted to potential employers
- Help students identify and meet specific leadership outcomes
- Provide a comprehensive picture of leadership and the skills needed to be a
- Provide support to those who advise and support student leaders
Some highlights and assumptions:
- All students can participate if they choose
- A record of leadership activities will be compiled online for each student
- Once a student has begun the program, they will receive periodic reminders of their progress and what is required to take the next step(s)
- As students complete a leadership level (silver/gold/platinum), they will receive certificates and other forms of recognition
- Completion of a leadership level will be recognized on campus as a kind of credential that can be used when running for office, applying for STEP funding, writing a resume, etc
- Each level of certification requires a mix of programmatic and experiential leadership opportunities that expand the students' theoretical and practical knowledge of leadership
For a list of upcoming LEAD programs, click here, then click on categories (on the left hand side under the calendar) and click on LEAD program. You will need to log in to see all possible programs as some are not open to the public.
You may check the past event events box to see a partial listing of past events.