From your first contact, you can expect to be treated with respect, dignity, and confidentiality.
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
There are two ways to make a appoinment to be seen at the Student Health Center:
1) Call and schedule an appointment
- Call 607-436-3573 and speak to the receptionist in the main lobby in the Counseling, Health, and Wellness Center.
- You will be asked for basic information.
- Phone number
- Your student Identification number (A0...)
- You will be given a timely appointment. Remember to bring our student ID and medical insurance card.
2) On-Line Appointment
- After registering, go to task bar in Student Health Center Portal . Once in the Portal, go to task bar and click on "Appt" on the upper left of the screen
- Click on one of the choices on the symptoms list and hit submit. If you are not able to find and appropriate choice from the list, please call us at 607-436-3573. Note that gynecological and mental health appointments cannot be self-scedualed at this time.
- Next, chose an appointment reason and health care provider. If you have no preferance for provider, click ALL.
- You will now be brought to a calender page. Click on the date you want an appointment. You may need to scroll down to find submit button. Then click on the time selections located on the left side of the screen. If you cannot find an appointment, try a different date or call the health center.
- "Appointment Saved,View your current appointments". will appear in small print on the bottom left of the screen. Click on the word appointment and you will be brought to the home screen with all your upcoming appointments. If there is any paper work needed to be completed for your appointment, the word forms will appear below the provider's name. Click on forms, complete questionnaire and submit.
At your appointment:
- When you arrive at the Health Center you will need to check-in with the secretary. At this time you will be asked to show a picture ID.
- If you are more than ten minutes late you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- The secretary will give you one simple form to complete, after which you can have a seat in the lobby and wait for the nurse to call you.
- The nurse will escort you to an exam room and get some basic information.
- You will then meet with the provider.
Your contact with the Health Center will be confidential. This means that no information is shared with parents, faculty, or friends without your permission. However, there are several legally mandated exceptions to confidentiality, including situations in which the student may be a danger to themselves or others and situations in which neglect or abuse of a child is suspected.
During times of high volume, we may not be able to see you as soon as you would like. The following are local convenient/urgent care centers available in our community
LOCAL URGENT CARE CENTERS
Five Star Urgent Care
5001 State Highway 23
Oneonta, NY 13820
Open 7 days a week 8am to 8pm (walk-in)
607-376-5346 (call to check if they take your insurance)
Bassett Convenient Care
1 Associate Drive
Oneonta, NY 13820
Weekdays 8am - 7pm (call for appointment 24/7)
Weekends 9am - 4pm