What are the Health Requirements to Attend SUNY Oneonta?
Proof of immunity to measles/mumps/rubella. Two MMR immuniztions or titers proving immunity for students born on/after January 1, 1957. Documentation may be provided by a completed Proof of Immunization Form
, physician's office printout, or certificate from high school or other postsecondary institution.
Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine within the past 5 years, confirmed through a certificate of immunization, or a self report signed by the student or parent. Alternatively, the student or parent may sign an acknowledgement of meningococcal disease risks and refusal of the meningitis immunization. The refusal can be completed on the health center portal.
Health History which is completed on the health center portal. A physical exam is not a health requirement if the student will not be playing an NCAA sport.
International students must also have documented proof of TB testing from their home country.We recommend having their home health care providers complete the International Student Proof of Immunization Form
which includes required immunizations and TB testing.
Insurance-private insurance information must be submitted on the health center portal.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE HEALTH CENTER PORTAL?
Please click on the Student Health Center Portal hosted by Medicat to access your account. You will be prompted to create a unique user name. Once logged in, you will have access to the following online services: self-scheduling, secure communication with health center staff, health history, educational material and meningitis response forms.Click on video instructions or written instructions for help.
How to Schedule an On-Line Appointment
- After registering, go to task bar in Student Health Center Portal . Once in the Portal, go to task bar and click on "Appt" on the upper left of the screen
- Click on one of the choices on the symptoms list and hit submit. If you are not able to find and appropriate choice from the list, please call us at 607-436-3573.
- Next, chose an appointment reason and health care provider. If you have no preferance for provider, click ALL.
- You will now be brought to a calender page. Click on the date you want an appointment. You may need to scroll down to find submit button. Then click on the time selections located on the left side of the screen. If you cannot find an appointment, try a different date or call the health center.
- "Appointment Saved,View your current appointments". will appear in small print on the bottom LT of the screen. click on the work appointment and you will be brought to the home screen with all your upcoming appointments. If there is any paper work needed to be completed for your appointment, the word forms will appear below the provider's name. Click on forms, complete questionnaire and submit.
- Care for acute illness and injuries
- Monitoring chronic health conditions
- Women's health services
- Men's health services
- Sexually Transmitted Disease services
- Overseas Travel Physicals and Preparation
- Cryo surgery (wart removal)
- Psychiatric Counseling
- Health education