If you are graduating in May, August, or December 2017 and are interested in being recognized at the Lavender Graduation Recognition Ceremony by receiving a lavender stole and certificate please fill out this online form by April 12th, 2017. You may also make nominations for awardees and submit RSVPs for guests on this form.
Any other student or employee of SUNY Oneonta and significant others may also RSVP to attend.
If you cannot attend, but would like to nominate a senior to win an award, you may do so by filling out this online form.
Nomination information is as follows:
You may nominate anyone who is graduating in May, August, or December 2017. Self-nominations are allowed. Nominations are due Monday, April 10, 2017.
There are four awards the LGBTQIA, Service and Activism Award, the Ally Award, the Bridge Award, and the Faculty/Staff Award:
LGBTQIA SERVICE AND ACTIVISM AWARD
Recognizes a Senior and member of the LGBTQIA community for:
- Extraordinary service and outstanding leadership to support and build the LGBTQIA campus community and to promote LGBTQIA issues and awareness at SUNY Oneonta;
- Commitment and outstanding contribution to raising awareness and being an activist and voice for change;
- Contribution to and involvement in SUNY Oneonta LGBTQIA life and enduring commitment to building community and educating the campus about LGBTQIA issues; OR
- Tremendous effort to serve the LGBTQIA community through building coalitions across groups at SUNY Oneonta.
Recognizes a Senior for their important contributions as a (heterosexual and cisgender) friend and ally of the LGBTQIA community. Honorees may have:
- Been an active member of the SUNY Oneonta LGBTQIA community;
- Helped with special projects;
- Raised awareness and participated in activism; OR
- Provided both a safe space and a voice for LGBTQIA issues at SUNY Oneonta
- Recognizes a Senior for their excellence and commitment in building connections between the LGBTQIA community and broader student life (Residential Life, Greek life, Athletics, Multiculturalism, Student Association, etc.)
- Recognizes outstanding dedication, service, and leadership to the LGBTQIA Students and SUNY Oneonta Campus Community.
SUNY Oneonta employees, alumni, and students and families are welcome to attend and use this link for your RSVP. If you would like to attend without making any nominations for the ceremony, please RSVP by Friday, April 21, 2017 with how many people you expect to attend.