Work-Study Program


The Federal Work Study program provides students the opportunity to earn money and gain valuable work experience during the school year. The amount of the award represents the budgeted maximum that a student may earn from Federal Work Study in that award year. Students are paid bi-weekly and usually earn minimum wage. These funds cannot be used to defer charges.
If your award package contains a Federal Work Study (FWS) Award you will receive an email notification to accept the award, students with accepted FWS awards will then receive emailed instructions to begin the job selection process.
Note: Federal Work Study awards are contingent upon the college receiving adequate federal funds to support these programs. State and federal budget discussions may lead to changes in funding levels, cost increases or regulatory changes.
In addition to the Federal Work Study Program, the SUNY Oneonta Career Development Center also provides students access to part-time employment information both on and off-campus through its Student Employment Service.