Aid Recipients Rights and Responsibilities
Our Responsibility to YOU:
- All students have the right to be treated with respect and courtesy. This
includes a cordial greeting in person or on the phone; answering your
questions until you understand; and a staff which is available all
business day long.
- Any student may request and receive an explanation of how their financial
aid or refusal of it was determined.
- Each student will be assigned a counselor who is knowledgeable in his or
her profession, will listen attentively, will follow through on any
promises made or resolutions or problems, and can get answers quickly.
- Students have the right to know all their options, the differences and
peculiarities of each aid program, and the consequences of each decision
- Each student aid applicant needs to become familiar with the policies,
procedures, and deadlines for financial aid.
- You must must notify the Financial Aid Office with any change
of status including:
Additional awards received not included on original Award Letter.
Change in enrollment status (number of credit hours per semester).
- All students are responsible for notifying the Registar's Office
of any change in address, both local and permanent.
- You may request any documentation or communication provided to
you on line or via email in written form. Direct your request to
your Financial Aid Counselor.
- The student is responsible for the prompt return of all requested