Taking courses at another institution


All currently matriculated students who wish to take courses from another institution must obtain Prior Approval from the Academic Advisement Center.  This ensures that the course is appropriate for the individual student and will be accepted by SUNY Oneonta if passed. Click on the link below to search for equivalent courses from other institutions.


Once an equivalent course is found, click on the link below for the Prior Approval for Transfer Credit form.  This form must be submitted to and approved by the Academic Advisement before taking the course.


SUNY has a policy for Cross Registration. Certain rules apply. See Academic Advisment with further questions.

If you believe a course you have taken was not granted the appropriate equivalency, you may appeal to have the course reviewed for a different equivalency.

Click here for Transfer Credit Re-evaluation