College Credit Earned in High School



Many students receive college credit while in high school. These credits can come from Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or college courses. To see how this credit will transfer, please view the Course Equivalency Tool. To receive this credit, an official transcript from the credit granting institution must be sent to the College at Oneonta Admissions Office. For more specific information regarding a particular course or program, please contact the Admissions office, at 1-800-SUNY-123. The following conditions apply:

  • AP test scores of 3 or better are accepted.
  • To earn IB credit, students must receive a score of 4 or better on the Higher Level IB Exam. Scores of 4 or better on the Standard Level IB Exam receive credit only when an IB Diploma is also earned.
  • We accept only scores over the CLEP recommended score.
  • Students must earn grades of C or better in an accredited college course(s) to receive credit.
  • Official transcripts/scores from agency/institutions are required.