Ideas related to challenging assumptions might be :
- to think outside the box
- to breakthrough our often self-imposed, mental barriers to reveal completely new possibilities
- to ask searching questions to identify hidden problems and opportunities.
Assumptions about what is true can blind us to new possibilities.
Challenging assumptions can particularly relate to stereotypes we hold about people or groups.
Ways to challenge assumptions:
- Think critically
- Look at pros and cons
- Ask different and better questions
- Challenge your point of view
- Consider a new position
- Identify assumptions that are being made and ask if they have to be true –challenge them
- Look for alternatives
- Take a look beyond the usual to get to something deeper
Useful Links for