What it means to…Be Open-Minded:
- To be receptive to new and different ideas or the opinions of others, receive them willingly, challenge them appropriately
- To be willing to search actively for evidence against one’s favored beliefs, plans or goals, and to weigh such evidence fairly when it is available
Ways to…Be Open-Minded:
- Strike a conversation with a person of a different culture, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Attend a program on a topic that is completely new to you.
- Enroll in a class that broadens your perceptions.
- Engage in a friendly debate on a current issue.
- Try a different music style-Classical, New Age, Zouk, Rap, Mariachi, Country, Afro-Blues
- Face a fear!
- Try a new hobby that pushes you out of your comfort zone – skiing, playing guitar, knitting
Useful Links for
Coaching Towards Happiness
How to Exercise an Open Mind