Function and Charge
The purpose of the Budget Advisory Committee is to recommend to the President an annual budget in a multiyear context. Working with the President and Vice Presidents, the Budget Advisory Committee shall:
- Maintain a highly transparent, informative, and participatory operating fund budgeting process;
- Integrate campus strategic planning with the budgeting process;
- Analyze the budget context (e.g., state funding) and its impact on the institution;
- Advise the president regarding the process of constructing annual divisional budgets and overall college budget;
- Hold open meetings on the proposed budget to inform and gain input from the campus.