The Academic Master Plan:
- is a faculty owned and driven plan that advances teaching, learning and scholarship
- reflects the State University of New York and The College at Oneonta strategic plans
- provides a 30,000 foot view of the College at Oneonta's academic community
- states the key elements and values of the college's academic community
- provides guideposts for refining and updating academic programs
- is an internal communication tool that assists other divisions in supporting the Division of Academic Affairs
- is an external communication tool for fundraising and for attracting external partners
Initial questions that helped to shape the Academic Master Plan:
- What steps should we take to strengthen our academic culture and community?
- How do we strenghten and support our academic culture and community in the face of decreasing state appropriated funding?
- How can we provide a high quality educational experience while controlling costs?
- What is the optimum balance of teaching, service and scholarship for the academic culture and community we desire to foster?
- What experiential learning activities are best for the type of academic culture and community we desire to foster?
- How should we respond to external factors that potentially impact our academic culture and community including:
- economic trends?
- market trends?
- demographic trends?
- technology trends?
- competition from other colleges?