Students who will be using a Veteran’s Benefit to help pay for their tuition and fees should complete the following steps:

  1. Contact the Office of Academic Advisement to have your status updated. 
  2. Download and complete the Veteran’s Request for Deferral form available here.  The deferral form should be returned to the Office of Student Accounts along with a signed copy of your invoice.  Please update your invoice to reflect your anticipated veteran’s benefit amount.  The Office of Student Accounts will process your invoice and if all remaining balances are satisfied, your bill will be cleared.  If your existing combination of aid/payments/veteran’s benefits do not satisfy your bill, the Office of Student Accounts will contact you.
  3. If you are receiving a room benefit that is paid directly to you, please be advised that you will need to apply that benefit towards your SUNY Oneonta balance in the form of a personal payment (check, credit card, etc.).