> What are costs for the coming year?

Itemized, estimated costs are available on the Student Accounts web site at http://www.oneonta.edu/admin/stacct/tuitionandfees.asp under costs.

> How can I contact Student Accounts?

E-Mail Address:

US Mailing Address:
SUNY Oneonta
Student Accounts Office
108 Ravine Parkway
Oneonta, NY 13820

Telephone Number:

Fax Number:

Service Window Hours:
Fall, Winter, Spring - 8:30am to 4pm M,T,TH,F
10am to 4pm W

Summer - 8:30am to 3:30pm M,T,TH,F
10am to 3:30pm W

> When will I receive my Fall/Spring billing statement?

Fall bills are generated and available in early July. Spring bills are generated and available early December. Go to my.oneonta.edu (student PIN required) to review, clear and pay your bill.

> What does it mean to "clear" my bill?

To clear the bill, the student must confirm his/her intent to attend SUNY Oneonta by signing the semester Affirmation Statement and submitting appropriate payment. Bills can be cleared on line at my.oneonta.edu or by paper via US Mail or in person. Even if the amount due is zero, the bill must be cleared each semester by the due date. The bill must be cleared in order to activate registration , dining, housing and financial aid eligibility.

> May I clear my bill over the phone or by FAX?

No, bills may be cleared online or by submitting a paper billing document.

> May I pay my bill by credit card?

Yes, SUNY Oneonta accepts Mastercard, VISA, Discover and American Express.

> Are monthly payment plans available?

The Oneonta Installment Plan enables payment to be made in three installments each semester, the first payment is due in August for the Fall bill and January for the Spring bill. A fee of $22.50 is required with the first installment. This option is available to all students and does not require pre-enrollment: instructions are on the student bill. Available Fall and Spring.

> Are direct payments from 529 plans accepted by SUNY Oneonta?

Yes. Your 529 payment can be sent directly to SUNY Oneonta by your plan administrator. You may indicate a pending direct payment on your bill in the "Other" section of the Optional Adjustment Worksheet. Also, please submit documentation of your request for payment when you return your student bill. Electronic payment from your 529 plan administrator is preferred. Federal School Code: 002847 Campus Code: 00

> I am paying my bill with student/parent loans. What if the loan payments aren't made by the due date?

SUNY Oneonta does not require that your loans be disbursed (paid) to the College by the due date of the initial bill. If you are utilizing a private or "alternative" student loan, you must submit documentation of loan approval by the due date. If you are utilizing a Direct Stafford Student Loan or a Direct Parent Plus Loan, your eligibility must be determined by the Financial Aid Office by the due date. All loans should be disbursed to the school within 30 days of the start of the term. If your loan has not paid by that time, you will be billed.

> Are any of the fees listed on my bill optional?

Yes. All students are billed for the student health insurance plan, however it is optional and may be waived for those who already have coverage through another plan. Deadlines for waiving the health insurance apply. Students may also waive Alumni Dues ($15.00) which are part of the Comprehensive Student Fee.

> What is the difference between the student health fee and student health insurance?

The Health Fee is part of the Comprehensive Student Fee and is a mandatory charge to support the student Health and Wellness Center to which all students have access. The student health insurance plan is a separate health insurance policy which includes benefits for hospitalization , lab fee, doctor's visits, etc. Students do not need to enroll in the student health insurance plan to utilize the services of the Health and Wellness Center.

> Do I need to send proof of other coverage to waive student health insurance?

No, simply complete the waiver section on the web bill or paper bill. If you decide to waive health insurance AFTER your bill is cleared, you must notify Student Accounts and complete the waiver process with in 30 days of the start of the term.

> I received a local scholarship through my high school. How is my scholarship deferred on my bill?

If the scholarship award letter from your sponsor is submitted to the Financial Aid Office before July 1st, the fall portion of the scholarship will appear on your bill as a credit in Section D, Financial Aid/Other Credits. If your award letter is not submitted before July 1st, you can submit it along with your paper bill and subtract out the fall portion on the Optional Adjustment Worksheet. We will defer the amount of the scholarship until it is paid by your sponsor (up to 30 days after the start of the semester).

> I have received a scholarship check from a sponsor. How should I handle it?

If the check is made out to you, you and the College or just the College, endorse and mail the check and scholarship letter directly to the Student Accounts Office at SUNY Oneonta. The scholarship award will be split between the fall and spring semesters unless otherwise directed by the scholarship letter. The amount of the scholarship will be factored into your Financial Aid Award package.

> What are non-billed charges?

Non-billed charges are educational costs that are not billed to the student by the College. These costs vary by student and include items such as books and supplies, transportation home during breaks, and personal expenses.

> How do I pay for my books?

You may add Dragon Dollars, a debit account for on-campus and other purchases, to your bill. Dragon Dollars may be used at the College bookstore and are accessed on the student ID card. You must pay for Dragon Dollars or apply excess financial aid credit (if applicable) to set up your account.

> Why am I billed the double room rate?

Housing assignments have not been made at the time of billing. All new students are billed at the double rate which is a typical room style assigned to freshmen. Students who are assigned a single room will receive an additional charge on their account.

> How can I defer a TEACH grant on my bill?

When eligibility requirements are met, the Teach grant will be deferred on your bill. If requirements are NOT met by the billing due date you may choose to pay the current amount due for the semester and receive a refund or adjustment when eligibility has been determined, or you may select the Oneonta Installment plan and pay the first installment by the due date and factor the TEACH grant into the second installment.


> When will my online payments be applied to my account?

Approved payments via credit card or e-check will be applied to accounts in real-time.

> What happens if my payment is late?

Online payments are considered late if they are applied after midnight on the due date of the bill. Payments received via mail are considered late if it is postmarked after the due date of the bill. Late payments are subject to late fees and account holds.