Main Charges to the Office of Equity and Inclusion
- To develop the College's Strategic Plan on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion strategic in collaboration with the Campus-wide Team.
- To work with the College stakeholders and division leaders on the implementation of the College's Strategic Plan on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- To communicate with the Campus Community on issues related to the Office and its charges.
- To be a consultant and resource to the entire Campus Community regarding the values of diversity, equity and inclusion by engaging the Campus constituents.
- To be a consultant to divisions, departments, and offices on the recruitment and retention of employees as it relates to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- To be a consultant to academic departments on inclusive pedagogies and advancing the values of equity and inclusion.
- The Office Director serves as the Affirmative Action Officer for the College.
- To provide training to employees and students. The training provides stakeholders with skills and knowledge aimed to uphold an environment free of harassment, including sexual.
- To work with the institution stakeholders in assessing Campus Climate.
- The Director serves as the Campus representative for diversity, equity, and inclusion with the larger community and its groups.