Music Industry Internship
A Music Industry Internship/Field Experience is required for all students enrolled in the Music Industry Bachelor of Arts degree program at the State University of New York College at Oneonta.
Music Industry internships may be served at an off-campus location in a professional field of the student's choice within the United States or abroad.
Interns work under the direct supervision of a designated employee of the host institution to gain professional experience. All interns will be assigned an internship faculty supervisor who will determine the student's grade for the internship course experience. Internships receive a grade P (Pass) or F (Fail).
- Overall grade point average of at least 2.0
- Passing grade on the College Writing Exam (prior to internship)
- Completion of 57 semester hours (Jr. or Sr. standing), including a minimum of 12 s.h. at Oneonta.
Music Department Requirements:
- Contact the Music Department Internship Coordinator for advisement on internship opportunities or to get approval for the internship position and duties.
- Check the Music Department website for a list of locations of previous Music Industry internships (see Internship Agency Contact Information); students are not limited to the agencies on this list.
internship agency contacts (password required)
- Contact prospective agencies; send cover letter and resume, email and phone.
- Discuss what you have found with the Music Department Internship Coordinator
- When you have been offered an internship you would like to serve, submit the necessary Internship Application forms to the Music Department Secretary
- Weekly email reports to the faculty supervisor.
- Faculty supervisor consultation with the agency supervisor and the student
- Internship agency evaluation
- Successful completion of required internship hours
- Successful completion of required internship, Student Statement of Hours Worked Form, Learning Outcomes Form and academic components as specified by faculty supervisor.
- Internship Evaluation, Final Internship Assignments and Forms (Complete forms ON-LINE, Print and Send)
- Credit is P/F Only
- Credits received are NOT Liberal Arts Credits, but will satisfy total upper division requirements
- Credits earned 1-15 credits during Fall/Spring semester: 12 semester hours for Summer Internships
- Credit WILL NOT BE given unless student has formally registered for the internship prior to starting the internship
- Internship Agency Participation Information
For additional information or if you have questions about this program please contact the SUNY Oneonta Music Department at 607-436-3415.