Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Oneonta! You have been selected for admission to SUNY Oneonta because you are a student who we believe will contribute to our campus community as scholars, athletes, campus leaders and community volunteers. We look forward to seeing what you'll achieve here.
Admission to SUNY Oneonta is considered official only when all forms and tuition/housing deposits are received and mandatory online trainings are completed by their due dates.
To complete your admission and assist you with your transition, please follow the following steps:
Step 1: Accept Your Enrollment by Paying the Deposits
- Deposit: $100.00 tuition and $100.00 for housing ($200 total)
- You can pay your tuition and housing deposits online. You will need your username and password.
- Early payment is encouraged to guarantee housing. Deposits will be applied to your semester's bill. Please review User Name & Password Instructions.
- Due Dates: Fall semester- June 16; Spring semester: December 11
Refund Policy: Requests for refunds must be made in writing by the student to OIE. Deadlines for refunds are December 31st (spring semester), July 1st (fall semester)
Step 2: Register at myOneonta
- Once you have paid your deposit, be sure to register at myOneonta, a student portal created for you.
Step 3: Complete the following required forms and send them to OIE:
- Transfer I-20 Form – For students who are currently studying in the U.S. on F-1 visa
Fall Semester: Due July 31
Spring Semester: Due Dec 31
- Airport Pick Up Form – For students who fly in Albany International Airport in New York
Fall Semester: Due July 31
Spring Semester: Due Dec 20
Step 4: Send your transcripts
- Final High School Transcripts – an official final transcript (with signature or seal and date of graduation) must be forwarded to the Office of International Office.
- College Transcripts – an official transcript from all colleges you have attended must be sent directly from the college(s).
Step 5: COMPLETE THE ONLINE GENERAL EDUCATION COURSE "The One" in MyOneonta
- Follow the instructions by logging in Blackboard: https://my.oneonta.edu/web/mycampus/home
- Course available in the first week of December for Spring semester and first week of June for Fall semester
- Due Date: Spring semester-December 31; Fall semester-July 31
Step 6: Clear your bill—Review your bill online
Different ways to clear your bill. Bill must be cleared in order to activate your meal card.
- Bank Wire: Have the bank in your home country to wire money to SUNY Oneonta directly. Be sure to ask the bank write down your name and student A# on the transaction form to make sure the funds are for you, NOT for another student. Bank wire instruction will be e-mailed to you after the college processes the tuition and housing deposits.
- Credit Card: Clear your bill online with your credit card, and you can pay multiple times depending on the maximum amount per transaction your bank allows. Make sure to notify your bank about the large transaction to prevent your card being frozen.
- International Money Order: Pay to: SUNY Oneonta; Must be in US Dollars
- Certified Check: Must be from a US Bank; Must be in US Dollars
Step 7: Prepare for your travel to the USA.
- All new students must notify the Office of International Education about the arrival time and date.
- We pick up students who arrive at Albany New York International Airport, and Oneonta Bus Station for free:
Students who wish to use this free service must submit detailed flight/bus arrival information to OIE by its due date. A faculty or a staff member and Peer Mentors will be at the airport luggage area with a welcome sign.
Pickup Time and Date: 11:00am-9:00pm, August 20-21, 2015
- Students who arrive on their own must visit the Office of International Education first.
- View Packing List
Step 8: New Student Orientation
It is mandatory for new international students to attend the Orientations:
- The International Student Orientation: August 24-26, 2015
- The Campus-Wide, Comprehensive Orientation: August 27-28, 2015
Orientations include logistics, course registration, faculty advisement, and campus activities.
View College Calender and Key Dates and Deadlines
Please Contact us if you have any questions!
We look forward to seeing you!
To view Campus Map and directions to the campus, please go to Visit Campus