SUNY Oneonta's Office of Institutional Research is the College’s centralized source of institutional data and serves as a resource to the campus community by providing accurate and current information to assist planning, assessment, and sound decision making.
In fulfilling its mission, Institutional Research provides the following services to the SUNY Oneonta community:
- Respond to mandated institutional data reporting requirements and requests from Federal, State, SUNY and accrediting agencies, both regional and specialized
- Develop and monitor performance indicators that measure overall institutional effectiveness and the College's progress toward strategic planning goals and objectives
- Prepare enrollment planning models in assisting the Enrollment Planning Group
- Administer and analyze institution-wide surveys (e.g., NSSE, SOS) and disseminate information from those surveys to the campus community
- Develop, administer, and analyze local surveys for academic and administrative departments
- Conduct special research studies to assist academic and administrative departments in meeting program review, assessment, and accreditation requirements
- Administer and oversee the College’s Student Perception of Instruction (SPI) process
- Contribute to ongoing institutional initiatives to improve ways of storing, managing, analyzing, and reporting data
- Provide outreach and training activities to faculty and staff in the use of data and new technologies for extracting and analyzing information
- Oversee and maintain the College Portrait as part of the College’s participation in the Voluntary System of Accountability
Ernesto Henriquez, M.A.
Director of Institutional Research