Welcome to SUNY Oneonta's Institutional Assessment & Effectiveness website. On this site you will find information about the office and staff, college facts and data, projects and reports, links to related higher education resources, and how to request assistance from the office. Institutional Assessment & Effectiveness encourages and supports growth across the institution by assisting all college units in the development and implementation of high quality assessment plans and methodologies and in using information gained through assessment and institutional research to enhance programs and services.
While fully acknowledging the role of assessment in demonstrating an institution is sufficiently accountable to its stakeholders, Institutional Assessment & Effectiveness emphasizes assessment as a mechanism for enhancing student learning and services, curricular programs, pedagogy, and the campus community overall. This strategy reflects a fundamental assumption that “assessment for improvement” leads directly and inevitably to “assessment for accountability.” The office also provides quality information and analysis services to support planning, assessment, and decision-making at all organizational levels, and also assures the College's compliance with reporting requirements for external agencies and organizations.
Institutional Assessment & Effectiveness meets its mission through implementation of the following goals:
- To provide leadership and resources for outcomes assessment in the College’s academic and administrative units and for the implementation of institution-wide institutional effectiveness initiatives.
- To develop strategies for the coordination of planning and assessment activities across the institution and for linking those activities to resource allocation.
- To assure that the College is in full compliance with all reporting requirements imposed by federal, state, SUNY, and accrediting bodies.
- To assist college programs and units in their efforts to achieve and maintain certification and accreditation by external agencies.
- To serve as the College’s centralized source of institutional data and respond accurately and in a timely fashion to the data needs of internal and external constituents.
- To assist in the coordination and utilization of institutional data sources so that information supports and enables informed decision-making.
- To foster through effective communication and outreach an image and reputation of the College that reflect its high quality to external stakeholders.