The Human Ecology Department’s mission is to:
- Prepare competent human ecology professionals capable of developing solutions to complex individual, family, consumer, and community issues as they relate to their area of specialization
- Promote the understanding of the interrelatedness of social, economic, political, technological, cultural, and physical elements that affect the well-being of individuals, families, society, and the world.
- Integrate knowledge, theory, research, and application in courses and programs which further the understanding of human ecology.
- Utilize scholarship and life-long learning as a means of improving the quality of life at the micro and macro levels of society.
- Foster creativity, personal growth, critical thinking, civic engagement, and professional ethics