- PhD. Textile Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- M.S. Textiles, Clothing and Design, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- B.Ed. Home Economics, University of Zimbabwe
- T2B Home Economics (Teaching degree) Gweru Teacher's College, Zimbabwe
Courses Typically Taught
Socio-Psych Aspects of Dress
Computer Applications in Fashion
Apparel Design – Draping
Innovations in Wearable Art
- Textile Science
- Textile and Apparel Design
Honors, Awards & Grants
- Award for Sustainable Design for Educators for Socially Responsible Apparel Business (ESRAB), (International Textile & Apparel Association (ITAA) fall 2007.
- Lectra Inc. Software Grants for Apparel and Textiles: $5,000,000.00, fall 2002 – fall 2005.
- Award for Outstanding Work as a Faculty Member, Panhellenic Association at SUNY College at Oneonta, Oneonta, NY fall 2001.
- Award for Faculty/Student Research Work, Faculty Senate Committee on Research at SUNY College at Oneonta, spring 2001.
- Graduate Student Research Award, American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), fall 1997.
- Dorothea Lutjeharms Graduate Fellowship Award, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 1995-1996
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation Fellowship, 1992-1994
- Textile Science: Textile technology related to end-use; specifically, improving fabric pilling resistance
- Socio-Psychological Aspects of Dress: Breast cancer treatment and appearance/dress problems
- Textile and Apparel Design: Creating original apparel from traditional and non-traditional materials and techniques.
- Education: The use of technology in the classroom
Hobbies and Other Interests