was a campus school for the State University College at Oneonta
that was used to train teachers. The school opened for students
in grades K-8 in September 1932.Ninth grade and junior kindergarten
were later added. The school graduated its last class in 1975.
The building is still owned by the College at Oneonta and houses the Bugbee
Children's Center, which offers preschool and after-school
In addition to the infant, toddler, and preschool programs
(capacity - 123 children), Bugbee Children's Center provides
before and after-school, holiday, snow day, and summer care
for up to 40 school-age children. The center, which operates
from 6:45 AM until 5:30 PM and is near national accreditation,
also offers a parenting resource library and flexible scheduling
to meet the needs of all parents.
Bugbee is the building on the right in the image above.
Follow this link for more information on The Bugbee Children's Center