APPLYING FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION
How to APPLY…
Students may APPLY electronically at the link below.
Requirements for admission…
Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test are required only for applicants to the History Museum Studies program, all other graduate programs are optional.
Additional requirements have been established by the academic departments. These may include submission of additional test scores, completion of specific prerequisite courses, interviews and letters of recommendation.
Submitting your ONLINE application...
All documents required for departmental admission should be submitted to the Graduate office with your online application. Departments review only complete applications.
Completed applications, including the $50 non-refundable application processing fee may be paid within the online application. The application fee is waived for SUNY Oneonta Alumni.
- Biology: Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)
- Certificate of Advanced Study: February 1 (fall admission)
- Educational Technology Specialist (online): Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)*
- History Museum Studies: January 10 (fall admission)
- Lake Management: Rolling (fall admission)
- Literacy (all grade levels): Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)**
- Mathematics: June 1 - (fall Admission) December 1- (spring admission)
- Nutrition and Dietetics (online): February 15 (summer admission)
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate: Rolling or April 14 for summer admission
- School Counselor: Applications will be reviewed monthly until May. (fall admission)
- Special Education (all concentrations): March 1 (fall admission)
* - Applicants for fall and spring admission to the Educational Technology Specialist program are limited to choosing part-time study only. For summer admission, you have the choice of full or part time study.
** - Applicants for fall and spring admission to the Literacy B-6 and Literacy 5-12 programs are limited to choosing part-time study only. For summer admission, you have the choice of full or part time study.
Upon receipt of the completed application, a committee of the department’s graduate faculty reviews the application submitted by each candidate. Official notification of the Admission Committee’s decision will be sent by the Director of Graduate Studies.