APPLYING FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION
How to APPLY…
Students may APPLY electronically at the link below.
Requirements for admission…
Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test are required only for applicants to the History Museum Studies program, all other graduate programs are optional.
Additional requirements have been established by the academic departments. These may include submission of additional test scores, completion of specific prerequisite courses, interviews and letters of recommendation.
Submitting your ONLINE application...
All documents required for departmental admission should be submitted to the Graduate office with your online application. Departments review only complete applications.
Completed applications, including the $50 non-refundable application processing fee may be paid within the online application. The application fee is waived for SUNY Oneonta Alumni.
- Biology: Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)
- Certificate of Advanced Study: February 1 (fall admission)
- Educational Technology Specialist (online): Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)*
- History Museum Studies: January 10 (fall admission)
- Lake Management: Rolling (fall admission)
- Literacy (all grade levels): Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)**
- Mathematics: Rolling (fall admission)
- Nutrition and Dietetics (online): February 15 (summer admission)
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate: Rolling or April 14 for summer admission
- School Counselor: February 1 (fall admission)
- Special Education (all concentrations): March 1 (fall admission)
* - Educational Technology Specialist Applicants: If you wish to enroll as a full-time student you must apply for summer admission. Fall and spring are part-time.
** - Literacy Education Applicants: If you wish to enroll as a full-time student you must apply for fall admission. Spring and summer are part-time.
Upon receipt of the completed application, a committee of the department’s graduate faculty reviews the application submitted by each candidate. Official notification of the Admission Committee’s decision will be sent by the Director of Graduate Studies.