APPLYING FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION
How to APPLY…
Students may APPLY electronically at the link below.
Requirements for admission…
Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test are required only for applicants to the History Museum Studies program, all other graduate programs are optional.
Additional requirements have been established by the academic departments. These may include submission of additional test scores, completion of specific prerequisite courses, interviews, letters of recommendation or portfolios.
Submitting your ONLINE application...
All documents required for departmental admission should be submitted to the Graduate office with your online application. Departments review only complete applications.
Completed applications, including the $50 non-refundable application processing fee may be paid within the online application. The application fee is waived for SUNY Oneonta Alumni.
- Biology: March 15 for fall or summer admission or October 15 for spring admission
- Certificate of Advanced Study: (fall admission) February 1
- Educational Technology Specialist (online): Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)
- Foreign Language Education: March 1 (summer admission) DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH JULY 1
- History Museum Studies: January 10 (fall admission)
- Lake Management: March 15 (fall admission)
- Literacy (all grade levels): Rolling (fall, spring and summer admission)
- Mathematics: Rolling (fall admission)
- Nutrition and Dietetics (online): February 15 (summer admission)
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate: Rolling or April 14 for summer admission
- School Counselor (fall admission) February 1 - APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED MONTHLY AFTER FEB. 1
- Special Education (all concentrations): March 1 (fall admission)
Upon receipt of the completed application, a committee of the department’s graduate faculty reviews the application submitted by each candidate. Official notification of the Admission Committee’s decision will be sent by the Director of Graduate Studies.