Certification in Other States


If applying for certification in another state (see below), you may be requested to complete a form verifying your completion of an approved academic program leading to teacher, pupil-personnel, or administrative certification. You may mail, fax or e-mail the form to the Office of Education Advisement & Field Experience for completion.

Office of Education Advisement & Field Experience
273 Fitzelle Hall - SUNY Oneonta
108 Ravine Parkway
Oneonta NY 13820
 FAX: (607)436-3799

Email: Thomas.Shannon@Oneonta.edu

United States and Canada Teacher Certification Offices

A teaching certificate is valid only in the country and state for which it is issued. If you are planning to move to another state or Canada, contact that state or province's certification office listed below. When you contact the state or province certification office, indicate the type of certificate you are receiving from New York State, which national tests you have taken, if any, and ask for application materials and procedures for obtaining certification.

United States



British Columbia


New Brunswick

New Foundland

Northwest Territories

Nova Scotia



Prince Edward Island