Applying for Certification – Graduate Program/ Post Baccalaureate/Advanced Certificate
- Complete SUNY Oneonta Graduate Diploma Application or Post Baccalaureate/Advanced Certificate Application:
- Graduate Diploma Application
- You should file a Graduate Diploma Application the semester prior to your intended graduation. Applications may be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Netzer 130) or use the link above. The fee is $5.00, payment may be made by check or money order made payable to O.A.S. S.A. Diploma Account or Dragon Dollars.
- When you submit your application one semester prior to expected graduation, you will receive a graduation pre-check by the beginning of the next semester. For example, if you expect to graduate in May and you file your Diploma Application before the end of the fall semester, you will receive a notification of any unfulfilled requirements in time to make any necessary adjustments to your spring schedule.
- When you fill out the Diploma Application, please complete only the white areas. Your name should be printed exactly as you want it to appear on your diploma. Diplomas are mailed out 6-8 weeks after graduation, so please use an appropriate address for that time frame. If you have any questions, please call Degree Services at 436-3215 or e-mail Degree Services at email@example.com
- Post Baccalaureate/Advanced Certificate Application
- You should file a Post Baccalaureate/Advanced Certificate Application the semester prior to completion of the Post Baccalaureate/Advanced certificate. Applications may be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Netzer 130) or use the link above. The fee is $5.00, payment may be made by check or money order made payable to O.A.S. S.A. Diploma Account or Dragon Dollars.
- Information on the Commencement Ceremony is available online at:
- Recommendation for Certification:
- In order for the College to recommend you for certification, you must print and complete the information release form. Please return the completed and signed release form to OEAFE (Fitzelle 273) prior to graduation or completion.
- Select appropriate program code
- Create an Account* in TEACH and/or Log into Account
- *Please do not create an account if you have already done so. Creating a second account will prove problematic in your efforts to become certified. If you have completed the fingerprinting process then you most likely have created an account and should therefore attempt to Log in to your Account.
- Apply Online for Initial or Professional NYS Teaching Certification
- Go to www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach
- Login to TEACH with your username and password (or create one)
- Click on “TEACH Online Services”
- Click on “Apply for Certificate”
- The steps to complete the application process are:
- Verify/update profile
- Select Certificate(s): Input Appropriate Program Code for your Degree
- Answer Questions and Sign Affidavit
- Confirm and Sign Application
- Make payment