Non-Course Requirements for Childhood - CHED (1-6)
Required to enter the Professional Methods Semester (Block):
- Pass the College Writing Exam (call 436-3010).
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.8.
- All coursework completed except the Methods Semester and Student
- At least 92 semester hours of coursework completed.
- No grade below a “C” (2.0) in the Related Work.
- No grade below a “C” (2.0) in the Concentration.
- No grade below a "C" in EDUC 284 and EDUC 235.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 in the Concentration.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 in the following six core courses: EDUC 106, EDUC
201, EDUC 206, EPSY 229, EPSY 240/241, EPSY 275.
- Sign-up to complete the Admission-to-Candidacy Application.
Information regarding this will be available each semester by email and
as posting on the Elementary Education Department bulletin board.
Required to enter Student Teaching:
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.8 in Methods Semester.
- No more than 18 months between Methods Semester and Student
Recommended Before Graduation:
- Complete Diploma and Teacher Certification Applications.
- Establish Credentials Folder in Career Development Office.
Candidates submitting teaching license applications to NYSED will
be issued an Initial License. Initial license requirements:
- Complete Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Seminar and
School Violence Prevention Seminar. Both are included in EDUC 213.
- Finger Printing
The State University of New York at Oneonta reserves the right to
make changes in policies, requirements, and regulations as conditions
change and such revisions are necessary subsequent to the publication of
the college catalog. This information is current as of August 2006.